Fall PreventionStay upright & confident with education, awareness & personalized exercise programs
Get balanced. Get confident. Partnering with you to prevent falls through education and exercise.
Not feeling confident on your feet can make even getting out of bed in the morning a daunting and discouraging prospect. You’re not alone—as many as 35% of adults 40 years and older in the U.S. experience balance deficits.
You’re not alone. Fortunately, you can minimize your risk of falls with specialized physical therapy. Some common causes of balance deficits include:
- Muscle weakness
- Joint stiffness
- Orthostatic hypotension—A form of low blood pressure that happens when you stand up from sitting or lying down
- Peripheral Neuropathy—Damage to the peripheral nerves in the hands but more commonly in the feet, resulting in weakness, numbness, and pain.
- Cervicogenic dizziness—dizziness related to neck pain and stiffness
- Recent infection—infections of the ear and upper respiratory tract
- Side effects of medications
If you or someone you know is experiencing imbalance or dizziness, call us today!
Let's talk about getting balanced.
We’re conveniently located in the Cook-Lake County District and open 6 days/week.
Call us at (847) 520-3382 to make an appointment today!
BG Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation was recommended to me by my Orthopedic Doctor after a recurring ankle sprain and surgery. The staff are very friendly and professional, and if I ever get re-injured, I will definitely return here.Teppei F.